The Laminar Project Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Low pass filter question

2 posters

Go down

Low pass filter question Empty Low pass filter question

Post  smiley7661 Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:10 pm

I am just starting my project and will be attempting to make 2 Laminars off of one pump. I have seen discussions of the Low pass filter, and seen a few pictures, but I dont know exactly the construction methods. It seems that they are 3" Pipe with two openings, one in and one out. What are the measurements of these (Total 3" length, distance from bottom to 2nd opening) and is the water fed in the bottom or middle one?

smiley7661
Nozzle Newbie
Nozzle Newbie

Back to top Go down

Low pass filter question Empty Re: Low pass filter question

Post  liteglow Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:23 pm

smiley7661 wrote:I am just starting my project and will be attempting to make 2 Laminars off of one pump. I have seen discussions of the Low pass filter, and seen a few pictures, but I dont know exactly the construction methods. It seems that they are 3" Pipe with two openings, one in and one out. What are the measurements of these (Total 3" length, distance from bottom to 2nd opening) and is the water fed in the bottom or middle one?

There is no actual size you need to have on the low-pass filter !
Actually I did remove mine because there was no need for any filter Wink

But the low pass filter is only a "buffer" of air on the top that remove jitter\bubbles from your pump.

If you have a tank (let`s say for the theory) it`s 10" high and 3" in diameter.
You have the water input on the bottom or on the side.
Then you place the water output almost half the way up (3-4" up from bottom) !
Then the part from the water output and up to the top only be air that will move up\down depending on how powerful your pump system is.

So the size of the nozzle depends on the pressure of your water-flow, size of nozzle and pumps Smile

If there was anything here you did not understand, just ask :-)

Here is a picture of my low-pass filter :

Low pass filter question 03052009602

Cheers

Filip
liteglow
liteglow
Admin

https://laminar.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down