The Laminar Project Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Knocker idea ...

2 posters

Go down

Knocker idea ... Empty Knocker idea ...

Post  Things Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:41 am

Ok, on my way home from the workshop after creating some nozzles, I was thinking about how to make the stream interact with music.

Then it popped into my head .. why not just feed a knocker with audio? Sure it would require a large amplifier, and probably wouldn't be a permanent setup, but it should create an effect that when you have bass, you get the classic jumping water effect, but to the beat of the music!

Combine that with a micro controller with an audio input, you can have the stream "pulse" to the beat, and also colour change!

Heck, you don't even need an audio amp on the thumper, just connect that to your microcontroller via a MOSFET and have the microcontroller detect the beats.

What would be kind of cool is a microphone input. SO you can stand next to your fountain, and "clap", and the light will leap Very Happy

Just a bunch of random idea's, though I intend to try them out once my nozzle is working perfectly.

-Dan

Things
Nozzle Newbie
Nozzle Newbie

Back to top Go down

Knocker idea ... Empty Re: Knocker idea ...

Post  liteglow Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:25 am

We like random ideas :-)
And the idea sounds like cool..

Problem can be if there is in the city, and there is allot of other noise in the background.

Dont you have laser? do you have a laser software like mamba etc... ?
It can be cool to use the output from a DAC and connect that into the knocker\cutter\RGB light.

Then you can program the nozzle with music..
That was also my random idea someday....
liteglow
liteglow
Admin

https://laminar.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Things Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:36 am

Heheh, you can do anything with microcontrollers! You could control your fountain from DMX if you want! Very Happy

My scanner is apart for repairs at the moment, my 640nm laser-wave red had to go back for RMA Sad

Things
Nozzle Newbie
Nozzle Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down