The Laminar Project Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

one reason why a cutter make a tail....

2 posters

Go down

one reason why a cutter make a tail.... Empty one reason why a cutter make a tail....

Post  liteglow Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:58 pm

I had a dream this night lol..
But after some hours (ok minutes) on Youtube watching many cutter test on the laminar jets.
And after some test with my own Solenoid cutters, I discovered something that "maybe" can be a reason why the water goes unlaminar out from the nozzle.

I know from many testing with my nozzles that a tiny tiny shaking in the ground make the water jump and act crazy.
So I think (in my case) that the vibration on my 2 solenoids on each nozzle can make the water unstable during cutting !

I have a solenoid, and a long arm to cut, the arm make vibration on the top of the nozzle, and that is terrible to the water stream!
So I will try to make a small weight on the other end of the long cutter arm, that will reduce the shaking to almost zero.
And i hope\think that maybe this can help the water to be more steady when I cut the water.

There is one proof that maybe can back up this theory, and that is when I cut ON\OFF\ON\OFF fast, the water goes more crazy with a bigger shaking tail.

Well this was only my tip Wink I will find out later if this is only a theory, or can be done in real life also sunny

cheers
liteglow
liteglow
Admin

https://laminar.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

one reason why a cutter make a tail.... Empty Re: one reason why a cutter make a tail....

Post  iburton Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:21 pm

It may be tricky to get the alignment right, but another possibility would be to remove the cutter from the laminar jet completely. In my case I am looking to have the jets enclosed with only a small exit hole in a lid, I could mount the cutter to the lid instead of the jet.

Just a thought if indeed it is the vibrations causing the problem.

iburton
Nozzle Newbie
Nozzle Newbie

Back to top Go down

one reason why a cutter make a tail.... Empty Re: one reason why a cutter make a tail....

Post  liteglow Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:18 am

that is a smart idea, but I dont have the room to remove the cutter from the nozzle.
I dont know that the vibration can make vibration in the water, but I cannot see why it should not.

When I walk in my garden, the laminar jet shake and splash !
liteglow
liteglow
Admin

https://laminar.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down