The Laminar Project Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can I use a paint can or bucket

2 posters

Go down

Can I use a paint can or bucket Empty Can I use a paint can or bucket

Post  edsimp Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:19 am

I want to build my first nozzle. In doing the research it seems that the nozzle should use either 6 inch or 8 inch pvc pipe in order to get the maximumn height and distance. I'm unable to find either 6 or 8 inch pipe at either my local Lowes or Home Depot.

While searching for options I came across new empty one gallon paint cans, measuring 6 D x 8 H inches. Since the can is so short I thought about using a smaller can with the scouring pads to do the initial slow-down of the incoming water. Would this work?

Another problem is that I don't know what I'd use for spacers.

The other option would be to use one of the Home Depot/Lowes buckets, 12 D x 14.4 H inches. These buckets have lids. What are your thoughts about this?

Thanks in advance

edsimp
Nozzle Newbie
Nozzle Newbie

Back to top Go down

Can I use a paint can or bucket Empty Re: Can I use a paint can or bucket

Post  Jurrien Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:14 pm

I think you should try it. As far I as I know, no one has tried this before. I have been looking for alternatives myself. Because of some unrational reason, I overlooked the "ready made solutions" of soft materials like the paint buckets. For good comparison with other jets, try to use the "standard brazz nozzle" that most of us have (but not me ).

Jurrien
Nozzle Newbie
Nozzle Newbie

http://lego.roerei.nl

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum