The Laminar Project Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pump sizing

3 posters

Go down

Pump sizing Empty Pump sizing

Post  olmsb4d2 Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:17 am

I'm designing a laminar flow fountain for my garden and have a question regarding pump size. I want to have a 12' laminar stream with about a 5' arc and not sure how pump size affects that. I see some posts here talking about a 1600 gph pump being required but not sure. Also...do you fine tune the distance with a valve or by controlling the pump voltage.

Thanks folks...and by the way...this site has proven to be an excellent source of information.

olmsb4d2
Nozzle Newbie
Nozzle Newbie

Back to top Go down

Pump sizing Empty Re: Pump sizing

Post  John Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:05 pm

There was a post that talked about this topic somewhere, but I can't find it right now. There is a way to calculate it. I did it once, but have lost my spreadsheet that helped out. If you are good with your math you can do it. Or you can just go with a large pump like you said and control the flow by a valve or the voltage.

I know it's been mentioned to control the flow by voltage, but I'm unaware of someone on this forum successfully doing so. The simplest way it to do it by a valve.
John
John
Nozzle Master
Nozzle Master

http://www.mad-laboratory.com

Back to top Go down

Pump sizing Empty Re: Pump sizing

Post  liteglow Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:12 am

I use a FLOW2500 pump..

Think it`s 2500 ltr each our !
That is perfect for my laminar.

liteglow