The Laminar Project Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

plastic tubing

4 posters

Go down

plastic tubing Empty plastic tubing

Post  colinley Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:13 pm

hi i am new to this and have been looking for some plastic tubing i got some 6" from work but wanted somthing a bit larger 8" or 10" but can not find it anywhere i have been to my local DIY shops such as B&Q and SELCO and WICKES but they only have 4" i am trying to create an arch that is 4 feet wide and about 7 feet tall can anyone tell me where i can get it from confused
thanks colin

colinley
Nozzle Newbie
Nozzle Newbie

Back to top Go down

plastic tubing Empty Re: plastic tubing

Post  Magic-nozzle Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:54 am

Hi colin, nice to see you again. Go to a plumber worker / company, they have all kind of diameters you need PE or PVC. 8" is ok.
good luck
Magic-nozzle
Magic-nozzle
Nozzle Grand Master
Nozzle Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post  colinley Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:41 am

thanks for the reply
i am a joiner by trade so usually come across lots of plumbers as soon as i see one on sit i will ask them what size they can get hold of i was thinking about using some of this 200mm clear plastic tube
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/200mm-DIA-x-5mm-WALL-CLEAR-ACRYLIC-PLASTIC-TUBE-1M-LONG_W0QQitemZ400112134864QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_3?hash=item5d288aaad0plastic tubing Tube10
https://i.servimg.com/u/f66/15/06/05/53/tube10.jpg

colinley
Nozzle Newbie
Nozzle Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post  STUCH Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:55 am

HI mate, if you have a building site in your area and if your cheeky enough to ask someone on the site for off cuts or spares you will be amazed what you get ..Tip dont ask the miserable looking ones or security jobsworths best asking them thats using it ..and often they want a small drink but what the hell i got 1400mm of 200mmo/d pipe the underground stuff with fittings and otherbits that i dont really need for a fiver and sold fittings for that ..Best of luck mate also.. if you see piles of yellow plastic gas pipe large dia due to be fitted those guys can be accommodating too..take a saw..

STUCH
Nozzle Newbie
Nozzle Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post  STUCH Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:05 am

By the way if you want clear acrylic tube or rod dont use ebay "clear plastic supplies on Ebay" have their own website based in Chesterfield they are cheaper direct no fees for them 200x3mm tube 1m ebay £35.37 inc del direct £22.10 +p&p and can be collected 01246 270992 they will tell you more..

STUCH
Nozzle Newbie
Nozzle Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post  Things Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:07 am

Clear piping would look awesome and allow to you to keep an eye on the insides of the jet, however if you go down a road where you try to light the jet, then there is going to be a lot of leaked light coming from your tubing. This wont necessarily decrease the brightness of your stream, but it may take away from the effect if the whole nozzle is glowing too.

Things
Nozzle Newbie
Nozzle Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down