The Laminar Project Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disturb the laminar jet?

2 posters

Go down

Disturb the laminar jet? Empty Disturb the laminar jet?

Post  jest0017 Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:07 am

Hi.

Im currently building a very small laminar fountain, and i got a perfect jet. Its to perfect actually.
The light from the LED is hardly visible. Is there any smart solution to add micro airbubbles
to the stream so the light gets more visible?

And most of the nozzles i have seen are using a stepper motor to create a " light flash" by moving a needle through
the jet. Quetstion: Is the stepper motor mounted in an watertight housing or is there watertight stepper motors?

Thanks on advance.

jest0017
Nozzle Newbie
Nozzle Newbie

Back to top Go down

Disturb the laminar jet? Empty Re: Disturb the laminar jet?

Post  John Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:21 am

I'm not aware of any steppers that are water tight. If you don't need speed then you can use a servo motor. I believe you can get those watertight. Or I have read about some hacks that can make them watertight. I had a stepper for a cutter and some water got in it and destroyed it.

Other methods of making your light shine better include putting something in the stream. I tried putting a very small amount of cooking oil into the stream. That works it enhances the light, but putting too much can make your stream degrade.
John
John
Nozzle Master
Nozzle Master

http://www.mad-laboratory.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jest0017 Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:07 am

Hi.

Thank for the reply.

One problem that I have is that my nozzle is just 70mm in diameter and 130mm high.
A servomotor takes up to much space. But I read in another topic that its possible
to add water to the stream, but to create a "flash" with a drop of water will be difficult because a drop is
hard to control.

jest0017
Nozzle Newbie
Nozzle Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down