The Laminar Project Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Laminar Jet

3 posters

Go down

First Laminar Jet Empty First Laminar Jet

Post  kev.arlon Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:01 pm

So I just recently discovered this form, yet I knew of laminar jets for awhile. I have just started the construction of my first jet, and found a machinist today to make my nozzle. Cant wait to put everything together!

So far I have:
A 3/4 horse power Hayward pool pump
about 20 feet of 1.5" pvc
a low pass filter constructed of 6" pvc
two 6" endcaps, coupling, and more 6" pvc to make my canon and actual jet
my nozzle will be turned from aluminum- this picture is the mock-up I made for the nozzle construction

When I first set out to get my nozzle made, I received quotes of up to 800 dollars! but I finally found someone reasonable and they will be finished tomorrow. First Laminar Jet Screen11

kev.arlon
Nozzle Newbie
Nozzle Newbie

Back to top Go down

First Laminar Jet Empty Re: First Laminar Jet

Post  Dr. C S Sharma Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:12 pm

kev.arlon wrote:So I just recently discovered this form, yet I knew of laminar jets for awhile. I have just started the construction of my first jet, and found a machinist today to make my nozzle. Cant wait to put everything together!

So far I have:
A 3/4 horse power Hayward pool pump
about 20 feet of 1.5" pvc
a low pass filter constructed of 6" pvc
two 6" endcaps, coupling, and more 6" pvc to make my canon and actual jet
my nozzle will be turned from aluminum- this picture is the mock-up I made for the nozzle construction

When I first set out to get my nozzle made, I received quotes of up to 800 dollars! but I finally found someone reasonable and they will be finished tomorrow. First Laminar Jet Screen11

Hi
I want to know about low pass filter, please send me full detail

Dr. C S Sharma
Nozzle Newbie
Nozzle Newbie

Back to top Go down

First Laminar Jet Empty Machine your own nozzle

Post  Steven in CA Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:12 pm

It's a shame to have to pay to have a nozzle machined by someone.

I've constructed several nozzles from brass, steel and aluminum. Starting with a large and relatively thick washer I then use my hand drill and a curved grinding stone bit to "turn" the existing hole in the washer. As you do so, the material around the hole thins until there is a near knife edge at the hole with a gradual contour up to the thickness of the washer. Anyone with a hand drill and a trip to your local hardware store for the approrpriate grinding bit can do this for a couple of bucks.

That said - I've found that metal "nozzles" can quickly become "unclean" from mineral deposits, corrosion or other deposits which affix to the nozzle when the water is turned off and the nozzle allowed to dry out. Maintenance is easy - a quick wipe with a utility scrubber or perhaps a turn of that same grinding stone used to original fabricate the washer.

Steven in CA
Nozzle Newbie
Nozzle Newbie

Back to top Go down

First Laminar Jet Empty Re: First Laminar Jet

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down