The Laminar Project Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Great forum!

3 posters

Go down

Great forum! Empty Great forum!

Post  scanman Mon May 04, 2009 11:36 am

Hello from Florida and thank you for this forum! I recently graduated with a mechanical engineering degree, and like many of the posters have always admired the laminar jets when I first saw them at Epcot.

I attempted at creating a small jet about five years ago and I could never get it to work properly. Laminar flow was possible only at low speeds, and the arc was no more than 2 feet across. There was very little information online and most of my information was based on a poorly written instruction guide on some random site I found. Seeing the wealth of information in this forum has renewed my interest and also already enlightened me as to my previous attempt's problems- I had the input valve feeding directly behind the jet (as opposed to the 90 degree elbow) and my V exit hole was in the wrong direction! I look forward to finally getting one of these built and hopefully adding the cool effects that many of you have been posting.

Mario- your jets are quite amazing, keep the posts coming!!

-Matt

scanman
Nozzle Newbie
Nozzle Newbie

Back to top Go down

Great forum! Empty Re: Great forum!

Post  liteglow Mon May 04, 2009 12:03 pm

Thank you Smile

I`m glad you are inspired to try one more time ..
If you need help, just ask and you will get answers Very Happy
liteglow
liteglow
Admin

https://laminar.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  John Mon May 04, 2009 12:34 pm

Since you live in Florida, you are required to go to Epcot and do research for the group!!!!!! We are all wondering how the Epcot fountain cut the water.
John
John
Nozzle Master
Nozzle Master

http://www.mad-laboratory.com

Back to top Go down

Post  scanman Tue May 05, 2009 6:34 am

Ha, certainly. Next time I'm in Orlando I'll be sure to grab as much video as possible of their nozzles.

scanman
Nozzle Newbie
Nozzle Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down