The Laminar Project Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fountain Project for Theatre Production

2 posters

Go down

Fountain Project for Theatre Production Empty Fountain Project for Theatre Production

Post  bwhiteford Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:12 pm

Hey Everyone,
Great forum, lots of interesting stuff here! I have been tasked with building a fountain for a forthcoming theatre production at a local high school. I believe I have the control portion figured out (electronic valves controlled from the control booth of the theater), but it seems to me like I'm going to need to make everything laminar.

The apron of the stage opens up (to create an orchestra pit) and we have built metal grates to fill this space, so the idea is the jets will be underneath the grates, and the water will flow back into the grates as well. What would you suggest is the best design to start with as an initial test?

Thank you!
Brooks

bwhiteford
Nozzle Newbie
Nozzle Newbie

Back to top Go down

Fountain Project for Theatre Production Empty Re: Fountain Project for Theatre Production

Post  theguitarman Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:43 pm

Hi Brooks,

That sounds like a fun project! Sorry for my delayed reply, I haven't been on here in a while. I think the best place to start is to try and build just a single, laminar nozzle. There is plenty of info on here to help get you started on that! Once you get a good design, you can repeat it as needed and then start working on controlling them a bit more. Hope that helps!

Question, what are the electronic controlled valves that you are using? I have been looking for some of those! Also, keep in mind, if you are using these to control the nozzle output, when you turn them on, the nozzle output will build up to its regular output. I am sure you have seen information on this forum about designing a water cutter, but if not, check it out, as it sounds like it would work great for your application!

theguitarman
Nozzle Newbie
Nozzle Newbie

Back to top Go down