The Laminar Project Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Laminar bounce

4 posters

Go down

Laminar bounce Empty Laminar bounce

Post  fishomen Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:02 am

I am sure this has been covered here but have not found an answer to my exact problem. My stream is great and flows about 8 ft long and 4 feet high but it slowly rises and falls around a foot. It will run for 30 seconds or so at 4 feet high then slowly decrease to 3 or 3 1/2 feet high then slowly climb back to 4 feet. It does this as long as it runs. My bypass filter is 4 inches in diameter and 28 inches tall. The inlet is 3/4 as is the outlet. The outlet is six inches above the inlet and I was wondering if thats too close. If not any suggestions on getting the stream to stay at one height?

fishomen
Nozzle Newbie
Nozzle Newbie

Back to top Go down

Laminar bounce Empty Re: Laminar bounce

Post  John Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:42 pm

I've had that problem before too!! Mine would shoot just fine as soon at it would reach the maximum arc it would fall (quickly) to a much small arc then slowly build up to the max again and repeat itself.

My setup was

I had a large bucket where the water would land and get pumped out to the filter and then to the nozzle which was 10 feet (3m) away.

Here is what I observed.

The pump was getting disturbed by the water landing near it. When the water would hit near the pump the inlet pressure was screwed up and so at that instant it didn't pump the required amount to keep the filter completely full! So that eventually was transfered to the nozzle and the stream would fall.
While in the fallen state the pump was not getting disturbed by the stream so the pump could pump the required amount to fill the filter again. Once the arc got high enough to reach the maximum it would hit the pump (or around the pump inlet) and mess it up and start all over again.

If your stream water is landing near your pump, try rearranging your pump so that it isn't so close to it.
John
John
Nozzle Master
Nozzle Master

http://www.mad-laboratory.com

Back to top Go down

Laminar bounce Empty confusing

Post  fishomen Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:25 am

THanks but thats what confusses me. I am currently just running the nozzle in a test state and am running it straight off a water hose fed from a tap. It is feeding directly to the bypass and I am shooting it into a sink.

fishomen
Nozzle Newbie
Nozzle Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post  pbracer Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:24 am

Sounds like the jitter filter is full of water. Do you have any way to check that whiles its running

pbracer
Nozzle Newbie
Nozzle Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post  John Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:03 am

That is so strange! I was sure that you were having the same problem I was having. Maybe it still is the same problem.

I'm pretty sure that the problem lies within your filter. Are you running the system off of the hose from the house? House pressure is pretty constant (for the most part), have you ever tried running the nozzle straight off of the hose? I would suggest removing the filter from the system and running the nozzle straight from the hose. This way we can see if the filter really is the problem.
John
John
Nozzle Master
Nozzle Master

Back to top Go down

Post  liteglow Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:30 am

Yes, try to remove the low-pass filter and see if the problem still is there !

Seems like a strange problem, can there be some air problem inside the nozzle ?
liteglow
liteglow
Admin

https://laminar.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Laminar bounce Empty laminar rise and fall

Post  fishomen Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:41 am

I have removed the bypass filter and connected straight to the nozzle and the problem still exists. I believe that there I am getting the rise and fall from the water pressure changing. I think the filter and nozzle are ok and that my water pressure is not constant.

fishomen
Nozzle Newbie
Nozzle Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post  pbracer Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:31 am

If there is no change then it sounds like your jitter filter has no air in it when in use.

pbracer
Nozzle Newbie
Nozzle Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post  John Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:37 am

Can you time how long it takes to go from max arc to min arc? Or just give me an estimate

less than 1 second
1-10 seconds
10 - 30 seconds
30-60 seconds
more than 60 seconds.
John
John
Nozzle Master
Nozzle Master

Back to top Go down

Laminar bounce Empty time and fluid fluctuations

Post  fishomen Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:45 pm

The time from max to min is about 15 seconds. I have discovered that our pressure varies here. I disconnected the hose and began using a small pump (just to test) from a container and running the water through the bypass again and the fluctuations dissappeared. Thanks for all the suggestions

fishomen
Nozzle Newbie
Nozzle Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post  John Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:47 pm

Glad to hear it!
John
John
Nozzle Master
Nozzle Master