The Laminar Project Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magic_Nozzle's Laminar Project

+4
Therons
John
liteglow
Magic-nozzle
8 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Magic_Nozzle's Laminar Project - Page 3 Empty Re: Magic_Nozzle's Laminar Project

Post  John Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:01 am

That really is pretty awesome! I'm amazed at how you did that. So all you did was replace the solenoid with stepper motors? Did you gear it up or anything?

So in your opinion, why is the stepper better than the solenoid?
John
John
Nozzle Master
Nozzle Master

http://www.mad-laboratory.com

Back to top Go down

Magic_Nozzle's Laminar Project - Page 3 Empty Re: Magic_Nozzle's Laminar Project

Post  Magic-nozzle Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:08 pm

John wrote:That really is pretty awesome! I'm amazed at how you did that. So all you did was replace the solenoid with stepper motors? Did you gear it up or anything?
So in your opinion, why is the stepper better than the solenoid?

Hi John, thank you.
Yes, i replaced the solenoid with 1 stepper motor. Mounting is very easy, direct on the axis of the stepper is the blade attached. The pros are using this kind of turning solenoid, stepper is similar, but you can stay in any position as long as you like, with a turning solenoid not. The special formed Blade is made from Brass and Cupper, all is braze (Hard-solder) together. I did some kind of a water tight sealing between Motor and the Blade, i described earlier how, with thickly and a Teflon part.
On the picture you can see the testing setup with scotch tape arround the solenoid, now i will build the pro housing arround the stepper motor and seal it.

Magic_Nozzle's Laminar Project - Page 3 Stepper_Motor

The Reason why i change is, i have a lot less vibration than with a solenoid, the stepper needs no keystroke. Maybe i had more vibrations like you, because i used a self made solenoid.

Like it is now, this is the best cutting solution i ever had and i stay with it, i want to go on with this project. But maybe some other solution will work same good or better than mine with a solenoid. I cant wait to see what other develop.

Mario

Like it is now, this is the best cutting solution i ever had and i stay with it, i want to go on with this project. But maybe some other solution will work same good or better than mine with a solenoid. I cant wait to see what other develop.

Mario
Magic-nozzle
Magic-nozzle
Nozzle Grand Master
Nozzle Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post  John Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:38 pm

Mario,

How did you attach the blade to you stepper motor? I'm done playing around with my version of the cutter. It never really took off the ground because it was too complex. Maybe if I had a machine shop and a machinist I would get it to work, but I don't. So I have to work within my bounds, and that design isn't working in the bounds.

I'm going to use your approach on the design and use a stepper motor. I found one online for really cheap and it can hook right up to a microcontroller without any supporting chips. I just don't know how to attach the blade to the stepper.
John
John
Nozzle Master
Nozzle Master

http://www.mad-laboratory.com

Back to top Go down

Post  projeto Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:30 pm

You rock...

projeto
Nozzle Newbie
Nozzle Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post  projeto Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:28 am

I love that simple solution to let air out...anyway to talk you into making one more and send it to me? I pay you for it.
Dave

projeto
Nozzle Newbie
Nozzle Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post  Karlsson Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:46 am

At Projeto:

Mario is still on holiday.
I do not know exactly when he comes back.

Karlsson
Karlsson
Karlsson
Nozzle Newbie
Nozzle Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post  Magic-nozzle Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:33 am

John wrote:Mario,

How did you attach the blade to you stepper motor? I'm done playing around with my version of the cutter. It never really took off the ground because it was too complex. Maybe if I had a machine shop and a machinist I would get it to work, but I don't. So I have to work within my bounds, and that design isn't working in the bounds.

I'm going to use your approach on the design and use a stepper motor. I found one online for really cheap and it can hook right up to a microcontroller without any supporting chips. I just don't know how to attach the blade to the stepper.

Hi John, answer is here, some Pictures, sory i made the post in the wrong topic.
https://laminar.forumotion.com/laminar-nozzle-talk-and-pictures-f1/new-nozzle-20-with-pictures-problem-solved-t47-15.htm#795
The stepper looks not bad, i am not shure it has enough power to drive the blade verry fast. but try it. i use this one http://www.shop.robotikhardware.de/shop/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=69&products_id=172

and this controller: http://www.robotikhardware.de/download/rnstepp297.pdf

yes you need still a Uc to contrioll it but its so easy with this one. And you can set the current for the motor, verry helpfull.
Magic-nozzle
Magic-nozzle
Nozzle Grand Master
Nozzle Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Magic-nozzle Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:35 am

projeto wrote:I love that simple solution to let air out...anyway to talk you into making one more and send it to me? I pay you for it.
Dave

Hi, sorry, no, i just have not enough time for my stuff, you have to find a own solution that works for you, i can help you thinking, but not building it. thanks Mario
Magic-nozzle
Magic-nozzle
Nozzle Grand Master
Nozzle Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post  covewi Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:02 pm

Magic Nozzle -

On the first page of these posts I noticed that you are using threaded rods to hold the top and bottom plates to the tube body.
Are they stainless steel or galvanized?

Do you put a gasket or silicone between the plate and body tube?

I like the idea of attaching things that way any information you can share would be helpful.

Thanks

covewi
Nozzle Pro
Nozzle Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  Magic-nozzle Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:57 pm

Hi, this was my first nozzle, my new one is different, look here https://laminar.forumotion.com/laminar-nozzle-talk-and-pictures-f1/new-nozzle-20-with-pictures-problem-solved-t47.htm

On the first i use stainless steel threaded rods and screws, a 1/2 inch lexan plate on top, and a pre welded bottom. On the top i made a silikon line arround, wait 30 min to dry and then press the top on it, so the silicon has time to dry a little, works much better than putting it together with the lexan plate. Hope you understand what i mean. The rod princip is relly easy to use and works perfect. In the new nozzle i use turned top with a rubber ring inside, much easyer and no silicone needed. i can break it apart in 1 minute.

Good luck
Magic-nozzle
Magic-nozzle
Nozzle Grand Master
Nozzle Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3