The Laminar Project Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Laminar Garden Project - Finally Installed

+3
John
liteglow
Magic-nozzle
7 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

My Laminar Garden Project - Finally Installed Empty My Laminar Garden Project - Finally Installed

Post  Magic-nozzle Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:56 am

After buiding, prepareing and programm the new PCB board, a new one, its time to start my installation in the Garden Very Happy ... a lot of Work, but i have some help. (i added some outside Light FX for the bubbling stone "THE BIG BLACK ONE" alternate runnimg with my lamionar Stream and some changes in my old controller, because i have a new Cutter (stepper motor) and a new noiseless knocker, turbulance maker)

I just want to show some Pictures of this Process.
Hope you like it ... MARIO

This is like it should look one day:
My Laminar Garden Project - Finally Installed Neu_steingarten-Kompletsmal

My Compete testing setup:
The pump is in the small tank, the power cable, the source and the return is in the big pipe.
Nozzle with cutter, knocker and Light FX in the big tank. (They usually used as container for plant waste)
My Laminar Garden Project - Finally Installed 5

Closeup View:
My Laminar Garden Project - Finally Installed 4

Now its Time to dig up, Great i had some Help of 2 Strong guys:
My Laminar Garden Project - Finally Installed 1

My Laminar Garden Project - Finally Installed 2

My Laminar Garden Project - Finally Installed 3

Thats all for today ...

Last edited by Magic-nozzle on Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Magic-nozzle
Magic-nozzle
Nozzle Grand Master
Nozzle Grand Master

Back to top Go down

My Laminar Garden Project - Finally Installed Empty Re: My Laminar Garden Project - Finally Installed

Post  liteglow Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:06 pm

Mario : This looks great Very Happy
Love to see the progress in your work..

It`s nice to see that I`m not the ONLY one that actually try to have the nozzle outside working in the garen Cool

I tip from me, try to cover all the water tank, as the sand (from digging) will fall into it, and it`s a pain in the xxxx to get it up.

Upload more pictures of your progress ....
Cheers
liteglow
liteglow
Admin

https://laminar.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

My Laminar Garden Project - Finally Installed Empty Re: My Laminar Garden Project - Finally Installed

Post  Magic-nozzle Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:34 pm

Another Day with a lot of Work, here some Pictures like it is now.

My Laminar Garden Project - Finally Installed Garden_1

Well well, the only thing i think that can be a little problem, is that the walls of my tank bending a little against the inside, because the pressure of the outside in the ground. If someone have an idea to solve this problem, let me know. As you can see, i suport it actually with a pece of pipe and a piece of wood. But maybe when the ground sets after a view days i can remove it.

My Laminar Garden Project - Finally Installed Garden_2

Now i have to wait till everithing is dry, had much rain and i cant work on it, its too much dirt.

Next Step i have to order the stones and sidestones. But i think i wait till august, after my holidays.
Magic-nozzle
Magic-nozzle
Nozzle Grand Master
Nozzle Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post  John Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:32 pm

I'm excited to see it all finished!!!! I'm soooo jealous! I'm falling behind fast! Everyone is already installing theirs and I haven't even finished my cutter!
John
John
Nozzle Master
Nozzle Master

http://www.mad-laboratory.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Magic-nozzle Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:22 pm

Hi John, thank you, but i am not finished yet, there is still a lot of work to do ...
And remember always, good things takes time. Very Happy
And by the way you have the best and largest clear laminar stream i ever seen selfmade. Smile
Magic-nozzle
Magic-nozzle
Nozzle Grand Master
Nozzle Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post  liteglow Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:26 am

what a great project Smile
You are a quick builder!!

Maybe faster than me Embarassed
I maybe wish I only had 1 laminar haha Razz

Well, I hope you have success with your project !
Just be sure that the laminar jet hit where it supposed to do.
As the dirt can make the water to go shorter, and the wind make it go wider..

Cheers Smile
liteglow
liteglow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Magic-nozzle Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:49 am

Hi Filip, thank you. Wind? I have a wind sensor Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
When wind comes up, more than 30 turns/min. cutter close for 10 min., then measure again ...
The Dirt should not be a big problem (I hope so), its a closed system, i have a pre filter on the Pump, hope this will work, if not, i make a detection for the water beam, to be shure i dont have a problem, but i think i tested all more than one week 24 hours and there was not a problem like this. Smile But maybe 5 new ones .. Sad i will see.
Magic-nozzle
Magic-nozzle
Nozzle Grand Master
Nozzle Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Magic-nozzle Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:43 am

Hi, Last days i worked on the Garden to install my Laminar Nozzle, Look at the pictures, more next days.

My Laminar Garden Project - Finally Installed DSC_01170001

My Laminar Garden Project - Finally Installed DSC_01230002

My Laminar Garden Project - Finally Installed DSC_01250004

Now its Time install the foil and then put the White blue "bardiglio" marble stones on it.
Electrical Power is ready installed and all the 2 1/2" tubes in the ground to.

Last edited by Magic-nozzle on Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Magic-nozzle
Magic-nozzle
Nozzle Grand Master
Nozzle Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post  John Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:32 pm

All HAIL THE NOZZLE MASTER!

It's looking really great! I expect to see lots of video telling us everything about it when you get it finished!
John
John
Nozzle Master
Nozzle Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Magic-nozzle Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:06 am

Hi Folks, here some Pictures of my Progress.

Placing the caoutchouc foil
My Laminar Garden Project - Finally Installed F1

Placing the weed foil and put the Italian "Bardiglio Marble stones" 2200 punds on it
My Laminar Garden Project - Finally Installed F2

Delivering of my cool "USA Basalt LAVA Bubbling stone" 600 punds
My Laminar Garden Project - Finally Installed F3

Setting the stone
My Laminar Garden Project - Finally Installed F4

And look at this picture, i love it. So much work, and now the most of it is donne.
My Laminar Garden Project - Finally Installed F5

Next step is to install the Electrical wires, light, and make 2 devilish genius tops to cover the tanks for my Jumping Jets. More Pictures soon.

Cheers Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Magic-nozzle
Magic-nozzle
Nozzle Grand Master
Nozzle Grand Master

Back to top Go down

My Laminar Garden Project - Finally Installed Empty Almost there !

Post  Magic-nozzle Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:45 pm

Now is time to celebrate! Yes yes yes, its installed and works relly great.
Some things are still to do, but this is just finalise everithing, a little woork on the software, the stones and the light of the bubbling stone is not installed jet, but soon. The white electrical / Electronic box will painted later in the same color like the green Background is.

Daytime - the laminar is alternating every 20 minutes with the Bubbling stone
The Filter i created (quadrangle part on the picture) is relly cool, no dirt can come in the system, no noise of splashing water, ad no splashing, no drop! Very important for my small recieving point.
My Laminar Garden Project - Finally Installed Fina1

Night - Same thing, all change automatic with Color in the laminar, 5 diferent programms of cutting and Light change by random, flashing FX by "the Needle knocker", alternating with the Bubbling stone, the light spots behind the plants and in front of the Bubbling stone (Comming soon) are fading very slow on and of. looks great.
My Laminar Garden Project - Finally Installed Fina2

Anotrher Color ...
My Laminar Garden Project - Finally Installed Fina3

The stream by night on the outlet, covered by stones and a hevy aluminium plate.
My Laminar Garden Project - Finally Installed Fina4

This one i rebuild new, my Anneometer, a windmeter, turns off the laminar when heavy wind comes up.
Made from aluminium, turned on my lathe. a Magnet sensor is giving pulses to the u-controller.
My Laminar Garden Project - Finally Installed Fina5

From Left to right, My IR sensor, the IR Activity LED, the LDR Day Night sensor
My Laminar Garden Project - Finally Installed Fina6

Mounted in the same rod like the wind meter.
My Laminar Garden Project - Finally Installed Fina7

I try to capture a nice Video soon when the light on the Plants and the Bubbling stone is installed.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I am Really happy and a little proud of all, all donne by my own hands, from scratch to the end.
Thaks to all the peoples helping me, and friends i found on this way, specially to Karlsson, John, Filip and Zachary.

What you think about it?
Magic-nozzle
Magic-nozzle
Nozzle Grand Master
Nozzle Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post  John Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:58 pm

It brings a tear to my eye! THAT IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL HANDMADE/HOMEMADE CREATION THAT I HAVE EVER SEEN! That is just gorgeous!

I can't believe the amount of light that you are pumping out of that thing!!!!! I can only hope to get as close to your perfect design, and I'm not sure that I will make it!

I could go on and on and on about it! I am glad to see that you made it, and I'm glad to have met you along the way too!

P.S. You are obligated to be a member of this forum FOR LIFE!

Hey liteglow,
If there someway we can get some titles for people who have created there designs and made them come to life. Maybe something like Nozzle Master.

The rest of us could be Nozzle Apprentices, and those that are learning, but haven't started yet could be Nozzle padawans, or something like that.

Again! Congratulations!!!! It looks awesome!
John
John
Nozzle Master
Nozzle Master

Back to top Go down

Post  liteglow Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:56 pm

John: I dont know I can check it out Smile (if you want admin privileges you can send me a PM)

And Mario !!!
That is INSANE cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

I really love your work, the Lava stone, the water stream, and the incredible nice "chrome" stones !!! WOW !!!

Not to talk about the light !!!!
That is the most stunning project I have EVER seen !!

I really hope that my project will be as nice as yours (But I doubt) ...

I have just come home from my 15 days vacation, and my garden look like a mess Surprised
So I have tapped out every drop of water in my system, removed the NOZZLES and filled the hole with sand now.
Now I will wait for the grass before winter comes.. So my project is "on ice" the next (year maybe) ..

But I hope you will give a nice guide how to make the light so incredible bright !!!! WOW

Cheers..

and btw, nice to finally have you back Wink
liteglow
liteglow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  covewi Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:00 pm

Those are the most beautiful streams of H2O that I have ever seen. Fantastic!!!

The colors are great.

covewi
Nozzle Pro
Nozzle Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  Magic-nozzle Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:26 pm

Hello John, Filip and covewi
Thank you so much for your lines. Makes me embarrassedly.

Yes i am so happy that this Project comes soon to a end, it was not easy and there are still some things to do. I had many many times i want to quit with this, but once the lamianr Virus catch you, it never let you go.

The light:
With a ordinary foto with flash you cant catch the light like it is, because a normal picture taker with flash will not show such a cool picture like you see. I did a long time exposure ("Pocket cameras Night shot with flash", i use a Nikon DSLR D70s) on a tripod of 3 seconds and at the end i shot a rear flash. Thats the only way to catch the water colors right like the eye will see in the dark. This way the glowing is a little brither than the original, but not that much, the eye see a similar brithness in the dark. If i use a water enhancer, i dont do this at the moment, the light is really similar than in the Picture, maybe you can remember my video i donne erlier. Bit i think the stream looks more naturally without a enhancer, and the flashes from the knocker are bright like strs, and i dont want miss this great effect. With the enhancer this effect is not possible anymore.

John, the titles are very funny .. i laugh a lot. It takes time, i am shure John in a while your system works as good as mine or even better, but take your time. I guess worked over a 2000 - 2500 hours on it, thats no joke. and still in Progress.

Filip, No, no sand in the ground, no stopping ..... you left us! till next year! Maybe! You spent too much tome and monney to stop yet. Ok your helicopter is more interesting at the moment. I can understand you, its a lot of try and error with the stream, and in that short time you really reach a lot. an some times we get tired of all of this.

Again You are really great guys with so much genius creativity. Keep on working on this project, and if i can help please ask.

Cheers Mario

bounce
Magic-nozzle
Magic-nozzle
Nozzle Grand Master
Nozzle Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Lindenmeyer Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:31 am

Just beautifull, fantastic, great job, very good taste, the laminar stream is perfect, the white rocks, just beatufull!
great job! you should be very proud in deed!!
May be some day ill do something like that!!
i was looking forward to se the end of it! wonderfull!! make us a video!
bye

Lindenmeyer
Nozzle Newbie
Nozzle Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post  liteglow Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:04 am

Mario: I was in Hellas for almost 3 weeks Razz
The time I was away it did rain almost everyday here.
You can believe me that the garden did seems like a wild rain-Forrest when I got home Shocked
And in my pond it was ALLOT of small "fish\frog\stuff" that have started their own little community in my pond haha affraid

So I need now (before the snow come) to grow some grass in my garden :-)
And I have NOT left you Wink I will still continue working on the light in my nozzles.
But not out in the pond.

The summer is mostly over here... And when the clock is 7-8 it`s dark outside.
So with no light, there is no point of have any water flowing :p
liteglow
liteglow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Magic-nozzle Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:36 pm

Lindenmeyer wrote:Just beautifull, fantastic, great job, very good taste, the laminar stream is perfect, the white rocks, just beatufull!
great job! you should be very proud in deed!!
May be some day ill do something like that!!
i was looking forward to se the end of it! wonderfull!! make us a video!
bye

Hi, Thank you so much for your lines, when i have installed the other spots, then i try to make a nice video.
I hope to see someone else finish his project. But i am still not finish, at the moment i have some softwarebugs and my Wind meter needs biger chatch caps. I think it never really is finished ....

Keep on Working on your laminar nozzle.
Cheers Very Happy
Magic-nozzle
Magic-nozzle
Nozzle Grand Master
Nozzle Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Magic-nozzle Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:49 pm

liteglow wrote:Mario: I was in Hellas for almost 3 weeks Razz
The time I was away it did rain almost everyday here.
You can believe me that the garden did seems like a wild rain-Forrest when I got home Shocked
And in my pond it was ALLOT of small "fish\frog\stuff" that have started their own little community in my pond haha affraid

So I need now (before the snow come) to grow some grass in my garden :-)
And I have NOT left you Wink I will still continue working on the light in my nozzles.
But not out in the pond.

The summer is mostly over here... And when the clock is 7-8 it`s dark outside.
So with no light, there is no point of have any water flowing :p

Uhh, much rain and no grass is not good, bevore i put foil and stones on it, i had also terrible dirt. Hihiii Frogs make a Community in Fil's pool ..LOL lol! What you relly need is a 5 cm border arround every hole, so you have no dirt from arround can drop inside your big taks. Also your bigest tank will need a border, min. 10 cm high, and maybe think on doing something like me, make a filter over it, no dirt, allways clean water, less noise when cut/uncut and less problems at all and at least no evaporate (saves a lot of Water). Let me know if you want to know how i build my one. I love this solution, seems to be perfect for me. It was more an accident that find this for me.

I am Glad you still work on your Nozzle stuff *

study

all the best for you and your Project.
Magic-nozzle
Magic-nozzle
Nozzle Grand Master
Nozzle Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Therons Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:04 am

Mario, you (and your project) are certainly an inspiration to us all!!!! Thank you for sharing your vision, your expertise, and especially the realization of your vision. You have every right to be very proud of your creation, it is a beautiful combination of high tech and natural elements in an elegant setting.

I am definately interested in the filter you discovered. What is it, how does it work, and how did you build it?? Also, are you concerned about alge growth in your ponds? Do you plan to clorinate or provide some other means of alge control? Have you put any type of filter on the intake to your pump?

A lot of questions, but as they say, "enquiring minds want to know"

Thanks again for all your assistance.

Therons
Nozzle Novice
Nozzle Novice

Back to top Go down

Post  Magic-nozzle Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:03 pm

Hello Theron
Thank you so much for your lines. Very Happy Its nice to see others like the way i did my installation. I try to make some pictures of the no splash low noise filter i use. Is a simple thing, but i like simple things with great sense. Smile

I use some more or less harmless chemicals against alge growth and some PH minus, used in swimmingpools, we have relly hard water here (8.6). mybe later i need some chlorine, but lets see what heppend with the water in a view weeks. The laminar needs a clean water, but for the light its nice to have some dirt in there .. makes a nice efect like a water enhancer, but too much destroy the lightflow. My water flows thru 2 filter sponge and i have till today no problen with the water, there will be only a little dirt, i can clean it every month, i use a simple wet vacuum cleaner and a small large tube on it to clean the floor of the tanks, that's all. I hope i can send you some pictures here soon.
Magic-nozzle
Magic-nozzle
Nozzle Grand Master
Nozzle Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Magic-nozzle Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:21 am

Therons wrote:Mario, you (and your project) are certainly an inspiration to us all!!!! Thank you for sharing your vision, your expertise, and especially the realization of your vision. You have every right to be very proud of your creation, it is a beautiful combination of high tech and natural elements in an elegant setting.

I am definately interested in the filter you discovered. What is it, how does it work, and how did you build it?? Also, are you concerned about alge growth in your ponds? Do you plan to clorinate or provide some other means of alge control? Have you put any type of filter on the intake to your pump?

A lot of questions, but as they say, "enquiring minds want to know"

Thanks again for all your assistance.

Now i made some Pictures and a explanation for you, this is my little invention, a splash free reciever filter.

In this pisture you can see, no splashing and just a very tiny noise during cut and pulsing by a knocker. The water stays clean, no dirt can come inside.

My Laminar Garden Project - Finally Installed S1

This shows the water using a ordinary 20 ppm filter foam. Very Bad.
My Laminar Garden Project - Finally Installed S2

this grid is holding the foam in place, the two roads under it are just pressed in the thank with some rubber at the ends.
My Laminar Garden Project - Finally Installed S3

this is showing the parts i am using
My Laminar Garden Project - Finally Installed S4

I experimeted with severlal screens and foams, this metal screen is used on windows and doors to protect from flys and so on.
this screen is made from stainless steel and holds for ever. I use a 2 layers of this screen, 1 layer has not that great effect of remove the spashing. the sponge is reducing the splash noise, if only a mehs is used, then its very noisy.
My Laminar Garden Project - Finally Installed S5

I think this will help you building your own one. My system is now running 2 weeks outside, and i have no dirt, really nothing in my tanks! Thats great! Really great!
Magic-nozzle
Magic-nozzle
Nozzle Grand Master
Nozzle Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Magic-nozzle Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:41 am

Here some Pictures of the light installation around the Laminar Steam:

I build two water proof Halogen spots, i install it behind the Plants to have a nice ambience.
Only 5 W each 12V.
My Laminar Garden Project - Finally Installed Halo1

Turned a aluminium top and finish ...
My Laminar Garden Project - Finally Installed Halo2

Here you can See how it looks at Night, isn't it Nice?
My Laminar Garden Project - Finally Installed Finax1

My Laminar Garden Project - Finally Installed Finax2
Magic-nozzle
Magic-nozzle
Nozzle Grand Master
Nozzle Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post  John Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:56 am

I'm so jealous!!!!! The electronics are killing me!
John
John
Nozzle Master
Nozzle Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Magic-nozzle Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:43 am

John wrote:I'm so jealous!!!!! The electronics are killing me!
Thanks John, what is the Problem? ... Ask if you need help. Smile
Magic-nozzle
Magic-nozzle
Nozzle Grand Master
Nozzle Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next