The Laminar Project Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What can cause the laminar flow to break appart ?

2 posters

Go down

What can cause the laminar flow to break appart ? Empty What can cause the laminar flow to break appart ?

Post  liteglow Wed May 13, 2009 2:28 pm

Like the topic says..

I think we should talk about the path from the pump output, and all the way back to the pump input again..

I have a pump 4800ltr hour, then a 2-3 meeter long hose.
The hose is connected to the nozzle , and out from the nozzle the water jump directly back into the tank where the pump is.

But I`m very confused as the laminar water often seems to change effect.
It sometimes break apart in the end .. and one day it does not !

I wonder if there is anything that can have any effect on the flow ?

- Wind ? (yes it will make the water break unstable and hit where the bring it)
- How long the hose is ?
- The way the hose is bended ?
- Dust\sand in the pump\laminar nozzle ?
- Water hitting the pump and creating air into pump ? (Yes if there is air in water, the water will be bad from the nozzle output)
- Fiber optic inside the nozzle ?

I wonder because I seem to have some problem,.
The problem is that the laminar flow seems to be perfect 2-3 minutes..
But suddenly it start to break apart at the end !!

When I study the water laminar flow, it seems like it does small changes in the air (like it twist around)

thanx for all help
liteglow
liteglow
Admin

https://laminar.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

What can cause the laminar flow to break appart ? Empty Re: What can cause the laminar flow to break appart ?

Post  Magic-nozzle Thu May 14, 2009 2:25 pm

I have sometimes similar Problems. Try to reduce the power of the pump and the effect will disappear. Also a problem can be, air in the nozzle, try shake your nozzle when the stream breaks and take care no air is in the top part. Try to use your low pass filter. I separate the tank with the pump from the tank where the stream comes in .. really nice, no noise, better stream (Thanks for this hint in this forum, sorry can't remember the guys name ...) And yes, fiber install is reduce the length of the nice laminar stream a bit. Try and write back if something helps.

*** Filip: A company near my home have now the Oase jumping jet in the exhibition, i will take a trip to them and hope he will open it for me for 50 or 100 bucks. I try to make some Pictures if i can, specially from the cutter.
Magic-nozzle
Magic-nozzle
Nozzle Grand Master
Nozzle Grand Master

Back to top Go down

What can cause the laminar flow to break appart ? Empty Re: What can cause the laminar flow to break appart ?

Post  liteglow Thu May 14, 2009 2:50 pm

Yes I will try to make a test with the low-pass filter (I did take it apart because i needed the parts) ..
And about the second tank, that is a god idea, but I waiting for my 4 new water tanks, when I have them i will test Smile

But I did make some more test today, and it`s very easy to listen to the sound the water makes when it hit the ground..
The water make a RRRRRRRRRRR noise where it hit the ground !
And it`s shaking at the end where it break apart, and the shaking have the same frequent as the pump sound !

So I think it`s obvious that the small shaking\vibration the pump produce when it`s pumping water is ruin the laminar water beam..

The question is if this can be removed by the low-pass filter ?

It`s so annoying while the water itself is so steady in air, just the "end" that is shaking apart... Evil or Very Mad
liteglow
liteglow
Admin

https://laminar.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down