The Laminar Project Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Liteglow`s twin Laminar Jumping Jets :)

+8
Therons
projeto
covewi
pbracer
John
Nozzle_Dreamer
Magic-nozzle
liteglow
12 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Liteglow`s   twin Laminar Jumping Jets  :) - Page 2 Empty just a thought

Post  pbracer Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:32 am

I had a thought about the cutter. In the video at the top you show the cutter moving down to cut and moving up to uncut. It seems to me that the cutter would always have some residual water on it when it uncut and moved back up, potentially dropping that water back into the tail of the stream causing terbulance. Maybe make the cutter go up to cut and down to uncut. I know it sounds really simple but was a thought anyway

pbracer
Nozzle Newbie
Nozzle Newbie

Back to top Go down

Liteglow`s   twin Laminar Jumping Jets  :) - Page 2 Empty Re: Liteglow`s twin Laminar Jumping Jets :)

Post  Magic-nozzle Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:14 am

Hmm.. Not a bad idea, during my tests i tryed both directions, and i had more sucswess with cutting downwards, but there are so many thins can disturb your stream .. i cant say 100% its better or not.
I cant wait to see your cutting system.
Magic-nozzle
Magic-nozzle
Nozzle Grand Master
Nozzle Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Liteglow`s   twin Laminar Jumping Jets  :) - Page 2 Empty Re: Liteglow`s twin Laminar Jumping Jets :)

Post  liteglow Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:36 am

Update..
1 of my laminar is now running outside to test it`s function Smile
It`s raining outside today, but that dont seem to be any problem for my fountain setup.
Actually the wet weather make everything feel more naturally Wink

But I have some small problems.

When I try to have 2 jets together at the same time, the big fountain seems to overflow !!
The pipe supposed to take the water back into the pump is to small.
I dont know what to do about that.. Maybe I need to add another "height" on the fountain.
And add one more pipe into the tank...

My other problem is the light..
I did add 5x3mm fibers into my laminar jet.
The jet is "ok" .. and there was a tiny bit of light into the water.
But so little light that it have to be totally dark to see it I guess !

And I dont know how I will be able to make the LED to point into the fiber..
And to seal everything will also be a problem..

But the biggest problem was that every 5 fibers did broke when I did try to mount the nozzle for a test Sad

So I think I forget about light in my nozzle for this time...
Untill there is some module "ready to mount" that is open in the marked.

Actually , I want to buy 2 Laminar Jets complete ready with light and cutter !!!
Maybe next year Razz
liteglow
liteglow
Admin

https://laminar.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Liteglow`s   twin Laminar Jumping Jets  :) - Page 2 Empty PICTURE UPDATES !! DUAL LAMINAR

Post  liteglow Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:37 pm

First a picture of my new Belt CP posing in front of my mist-maker :

Liteglow`s   twin Laminar Jumping Jets  :) - Page 2 250720091047

Adding one more pipe for the water (drain?) back to the tank..
Liteglow`s   twin Laminar Jumping Jets  :) - Page 2 270720091060

Here is the 2 pump container, cleaned and ready to be used again.
Liteglow`s   twin Laminar Jumping Jets  :) - Page 2 260720091059

And finally, my 2 laminar jets fully working (but no light, and cutter yet)
Liteglow`s   twin Laminar Jumping Jets  :) - Page 2 270720091063

And here is my water level meter that make sure the pump DONT runs without water.
But I still think I need a OFF valve (to be safe)

Liteglow`s   twin Laminar Jumping Jets  :) - Page 2 220720091040

Adding some more photos:
Did test out 2 fiber cables with 2 luxeon RED LED !
Well hmm.. the problem is that the fiber cable is bended, so when I push it up to the top, it bend away from the output :\

Liteglow`s   twin Laminar Jumping Jets  :) - Page 2 280720091065

Liteglow`s   twin Laminar Jumping Jets  :) - Page 2 280720091066

The light stuff is still my problem...
liteglow
liteglow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Liteglow`s   twin Laminar Jumping Jets  :) - Page 2 Empty Concentrating the LED light Beam

Post  covewi Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:59 pm

It appears that you are loosing a lot of light before it ever makes it into the fibers. One way to improve that is to use a Collimator lens to focus the light. What viewing angle is our red LED? If its anything more than about 10-20 degrees much is being lost. Here is a website that offers one such collimator which focuses the LED light to 10 degrees.

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Luxeon-Collimator-Lens-10-deg-viewing-angle-P5.aspx

covewi
Nozzle Pro
Nozzle Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  liteglow Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:48 pm

Covewi: I have reflector that I maybe can try.
But the reflector is so big in diameter, so there will anyway bee a huge loss of power !... i think..

Well anyway, here is todays UPDATES Very Happy
What is new:

- NEW design on my Cutter , working p e r f e ct !!
- 2 laminar jets is mounted and working
- USB Relay card is connected at the computer and running

Here is the NEW design on my cutter (work perfectly)
Liteglow`s   twin Laminar Jumping Jets  :) - Page 2 280720091067

And here is a picture of the USB Relay board mounted in the basement with my MCE computer
Liteglow`s   twin Laminar Jumping Jets  :) - Page 2 280720091070

2 Laminar hitting each other and creating a "Bell" (I personally call it a hell lot of noise)
Liteglow`s   twin Laminar Jumping Jets  :) - Page 2 280720091069

And here is the VIDEO :-)
It was pretty late when I shoot the video, but will update tomorrow with a new recording.

liteglow
liteglow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Liteglow`s   twin Laminar Jumping Jets  :) - Page 2 Empty Your Software

Post  covewi Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:56 pm

Fantastic - you must share the name of your software. Will it operate with DMX controls?
My LED lens should be here by the end of the week - I will let you know how things are working out with focusing the light beam.
I hope to post some of my build photos tonight.

Covewi

covewi
Nozzle Pro
Nozzle Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  liteglow Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:58 pm

The Relaycard and software was made to work together :-)
I did buy if from a dude in Russia (i think) ..
He make relay card from 4 and up to 16 relays.

If you want I can dig up the info, he is on eBay.
liteglow
liteglow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  liteglow Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:37 am

Daytime video:

The cutter work perfect (no error) but I still need to do some adjustment so I get the "nose" better Wink
It`s not The Bellagio, buy hell it`s homemade Very Happy
liteglow
liteglow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  projeto Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:35 pm

Great pictures....i was wondering where did you order your filters from?
thanks,
Dave

projeto
Nozzle Newbie
Nozzle Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post  Magic-nozzle Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:02 am

liteglow wrote:Daytime video:
The cutter work perfect (no error) but I still need to do some adjustment so I get the "nose" better Wink
It`s not The Bellagio, buy hell it`s homemade Very Happy

Hi Filip

I am Righgt back from my Holidays, and what i see is amazing! You Rock man! Looks verry nice! Clear stream! Nice Cut! You have some Problems, but this is just a question of time, soon all will work perfect. I like the dubble Laminar, looks so cool. So many people have problems with the light, maybe i write a tutorial. Light is really a easy part if you follow the instructions.

The cutter looks cool, still problems with the splashing after the cut, but this is verry hard to elliminate.

Thanks for sharing your Videos its allways amazing to see others work.

I think you need a rally big back conduction. I use a 35 mm diameter tube for one nozzle and it seems you need a 63mm for 2 Nozzles.

Keep on working, cheers Mario
Magic-nozzle
Magic-nozzle
Nozzle Grand Master
Nozzle Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Therons Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:46 pm

Mario, I think a tutorial on the LED's would be a good addition to the website. I was in hopes of having a pump controller/ LED controller card from Light O Rama by now but they still haven't released it.

Filip, (and everyone else) What are you using to filter your ponds and how are you controlling the growth of algae? I've been looking for swiming pool filter systems as a possible solution.

Therons
Nozzle Novice
Nozzle Novice

Back to top Go down

Post  mrwebb Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:10 am

Therons wrote:Mario, I think a tutorial on the LED's would be a good addition to the website. I was in hopes of having a pump controller/ LED controller card from Light O Rama by now but they still haven't released it.

Filip, (and everyone else) What are you using to filter your ponds and how are you controlling the growth of algae? I've been looking for swiming pool filter systems as a possible solution.

Yeah i would be nice to have Threads on specific issues on the projects, like LED and Fiber, Different pumps and prices, material etc.

I would be very interested in the Light O rama controller because i dont have the tools to produce my own boards. The costs in tools end up
being more expensive than buying a board ready to use. But then again as Mario mentioned, as hobby artist its more fun to build it on your own.
mrwebb
mrwebb
Nozzle Newbie
Nozzle Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post  Magic-nozzle Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:15 am

Building Electronic stuff needs also a lot of time and experinmenting arround and produce a final version. But i like to build this stuff so much, and electronics is needed for most every project i do, so i had take the time to learn it and if you use microcontrollers, its so easy to build most any stuff, you dont need a study in electronics, just a little basic programming, and this is easy to learn and a lot of fun too. But you are right, starting with electronic stuff cost a also 500 USD but this is all you need from A to Z to develop your own stuff, and this verry cheap from then. I dont know when, but if i find time then i write a little tut on the LED and Fiber stuff. Now i try to finish my garden in the next 2 weeks and then i can install my Nozzle finally outside.

Regards

Mario
Magic-nozzle
Magic-nozzle
Nozzle Grand Master
Nozzle Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Magic-nozzle Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:09 pm

mrwebb wrote:
Therons wrote:Mario, I think a tutorial on the LED's would be a good addition to the website. I was in hopes of having a pump controller/ LED controller card from Light O Rama by now but they still haven't released it.

Yeah i would be nice to have Threads on specific issues on the projects, like LED and Fiber, Different pumps and prices, material etc.

I would be very interested in the Light O rama controller because i dont have the tools to produce my own boards. The costs in tools end up
being more expensive than buying a board ready to use. But then again as Mario mentioned, as hobby artist its more fun to build it on your own.

Hi, so, the Guide is online, its not perfect but hopefully usefull.
https://laminar.forumotion.com/laminar-nozzle-talk-and-pictures-f1/the-guide-for-a-perfect-rgb-light-with-fiber-cables-t93.htm
Magic-nozzle
Magic-nozzle
Nozzle Grand Master
Nozzle Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post  covewi Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:43 pm

Liteglow - with regards to your USB relay boards- how many volts are they rated at. I am looking at these boards
http://www.sigma-shop.com/category/4/relay-boards.html
I guess I would need a USB board and the appropriate number of 5 v relay boards to power my 5 volt LEDS - sound correct?

covewi
Nozzle Pro
Nozzle Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  liteglow Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:21 pm

covewi wrote:Liteglow - with regards to your USB relay boards- how many volts are they rated at. I am looking at these boards
http://www.sigma-shop.com/category/4/relay-boards.html
I guess I would need a USB board and the appropriate number of 5 v relay boards to power my 5 volt LEDS - sound correct?

Hi there Smile

i did buy my USB relay board from a nice guy at eBay (he help me out if there ever is any problem with software\hardware)
So I sure recommend him ..

My relays is rated from 0-230Volt .
And the input is 12volt Smile
liteglow
liteglow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  covewi Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:49 pm

The USB 8 relay board I am looking at is rated at

For 12V/24V DC 15A or 120V/220V AC at 10A max. and 12 volts input.

So I could adjust the 12 V output to the 1250 -1400 ma that I need to power my LEDS after the relay. Sound correct?

covewi
Nozzle Pro
Nozzle Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  John Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:50 pm

Yeah, that sounds pretty good, but I'm not sure if relays have a max current on them or not. Which one are you looking at again?
John
John
Nozzle Master
Nozzle Master

http://www.mad-laboratory.com

Back to top Go down

Post  pmolsen Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:23 am

Hey Liteglow, what town in Norway do you live in? My father was born in Hammerfest.

pmolsen
Nozzle Newbie
Nozzle Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post  liteglow Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:46 am

pmolsen wrote:Hey Liteglow, what town in Norway do you live in? My father was born in Hammerfest.

Hi there Smile
I live North in Norway, in a city called Mo i Rana !

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=mo+i+rana+norway&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Mo+i+Rana,+Rana,+Nordland,+Norway&ll=66.310759,14.167728&spn=0.056141,0.174923&z=13
liteglow
liteglow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  liteglow Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:49 pm

My garden is starting to get green with grass Very Happy Very Happy
And here is a short video of the "Fiber star Laminar nozzle" !

I not so sure what to do with the nozzles that is supposed to be under the grass Mad Mad
I have a small leak in some of the pipes that is 1meeter under the ground level !!
So maybe I have to do something new on my setup...

Anyway, I let the nozzle fly out from the bush until the grass is green and ready to be stepped at.
liteglow
liteglow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Magic-nozzle Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:30 pm

Hi filip, this looks Great! How is the quality of the stream, berrer than the selfmade, or better?
Nico fog!
Magic-nozzle
Magic-nozzle
Nozzle Grand Master
Nozzle Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post  liteglow Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:39 am

Mario: The self-made nozzle is BETTER than the fiberstar nozzle !! Smile'
The only thing about the Fiberstar is the fiber-rod inside (that I dont have in mine) !

but you have no problem with that on yours.
So I would say that your nozzle Mario is 200% better than the Fiberstars cheers
liteglow
liteglow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Magic-nozzle Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:12 am

liteglow wrote:Mario: The self-made nozzle is BETTER than the fiberstar nozzle !! Smile'
The only thing about the Fiberstar is the fiber-rod inside (that I dont have in mine) !

but you have no problem with that on yours.
So I would say that your nozzle Mario is 200% better than the Fiberstars cheers
OK Thanks Very Happy , that makes me proud, the nozzles we built is better than a industial one bounce GREAT!
Have a good time watching your stream in the Green Garden. Really too bad about the pipes in the ground! the only thing you can do find out where and seal this pipe.
Magic-nozzle
Magic-nozzle
Nozzle Grand Master
Nozzle Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next