The Laminar Project Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Laminar Garden Project - Finally Installed

+3
John
liteglow
Magic-nozzle
7 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

My Laminar Garden Project - Finally Installed - Page 3 Empty Re: My Laminar Garden Project - Finally Installed

Post  liteglow Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:50 am

Magic-nozzle wrote:Hi, Yes there are a lot of little points on the way to success. First, 1 1/2 inch is ok, closer is better, but you loose some laminarity.
How did you polish the ends of the fibers? you need to high gloss polish it, no scratch nothing, as clear as possible, i made a little wood block, exact fit for the fiber, then i use wet sand paper 1200, this was the best i can get, you need a specilal plexi polishing paste and use the dremel with white felt to high gloss polish it.

then, i made a little wire arround the fibers at the end in the nozzle to hold it together. Make shure the LEDS shooting 100% in the center of the fiber. on the pictures i see. you using a led with 4 emiters, that is not that good maybe, the luxeon i use has only one tiny point 5W emiter, that makes it so expensive.

If you got bright and dark spots, you are too close with the fibers to the outlet, laminarity is broken a little. Check all this things and i ma shure you got sucsess.
And if i can help let me know
Good luck

Mario, did you use any fluid in your water stream with light ?
or is it 100% pure water?

Add some Milk in the water make the light more visible Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy but only for some days, until the Cats drink it all up....... cat
liteglow
liteglow
Admin

https://laminar.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

My Laminar Garden Project - Finally Installed - Page 3 Empty Re: My Laminar Garden Project - Finally Installed

Post  Magic-nozzle Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:56 am

No, Earlier i used some, but its not neccessery now anymore. And the fluid is kind a drill milk, for industrial use. looked great, but the water is like a neon tube, and no water FY are visible, the look is much better without.
Magic-nozzle
Magic-nozzle
Nozzle Grand Master
Nozzle Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post  liteglow Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:57 am

Any idea who sells the 5W at this days ?

I have tried www.elfa.se but seems like 5W is out!
liteglow
liteglow
Admin

https://laminar.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Magic-nozzle Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:48 am

5W luxeon are verry rare, but this ones are also not bad, but never has that much Light power on a small point.
http://www.seoulsemicon.com/en/product/prd/zpowerLEDp4.asp
Hey why not buy a new RGB laser and hook it up, all you need is only 1 fiber!
Magic-nozzle
Magic-nozzle
Nozzle Grand Master
Nozzle Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Ike Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:58 am

From all the datasheets I've read, so far the Luxeon Rebels seem to have the best light output unless I'm missing something.

For the green LEDs they do 100 lumens at 350ma while the seoul green LEDs only do 70 lumens at 350ma.

Is there something besides the light output that makes the seoul ones better?

Links
http://www.luxeonstar.com/Green-530-nm-20mm-Star-Rebel-180-lm-p/mr-m0100-20s.htm

Ike
Nozzle Novice
Nozzle Novice

Back to top Go down

Post  covewi Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:40 pm

Why not push the LED's to 700ma - here are the specs from your link.

Lumens at 700mA : 180 lm

covewi
Nozzle Pro
Nozzle Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  Ike Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:48 pm

covewi wrote:Why not push the LED's to 700ma - here are the specs from your link.

Lumens at 700mA : 180 lm

Oh I am, that 350ma was just what the Seoul Datasheet listed so I had to use that as my comparison point.

It actually says you can overdrive them to a full 1000ma in the datasheet if you have sufficient cooling. I may have to try that after I feel confident at 700ma

Ike
Nozzle Novice
Nozzle Novice

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3