The Laminar Project Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is my first Laminar Water Flow Nozzle.

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

This is my first Laminar Water Flow Nozzle. - Page 2 Empty Re: This is my first Laminar Water Flow Nozzle.

Post  liteglow Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:05 pm

I`m not confused Wink
But I still think that 25W is allot of power in a laser..
When I know how dangerous all lasers above the 200-300mW limit is !
Not to mention what a 200mW laser can to to a eye !!

I notice how "small" in size your box is, must be handy to have a laser cutter like that in the office Very Happy
btw: The photonlexicon forum is a forum a friend of my did create some years ago.
That have grown pretty big now, there are mostly show-laserists there.
But we all like to see a laser, no matter if it can Cut ore make some stunning light-effects Wink

feel free to join the forum if you want to share your laser in there :-)
but plz stay on this forum also haha..

one more question, do you also cut\write in glass with your laser?
Can I ask what you did pay for that nice machine ?
liteglow
liteglow
Admin

https://laminar.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

This is my first Laminar Water Flow Nozzle. - Page 2 Empty Re: This is my first Laminar Water Flow Nozzle.

Post  Leonardo Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:36 pm

Hi friends!

Let's talk a bit more about my laser machine.
When I arrived to Spain in 2001 I bought a Gravograph IS200 engraving machine to start my engraving business. After some months I realized that I was loosing customers because the little IS200 engraving area so I started looking for a laser system.
Oh man! That machines were really expensive (30 thousands and over) and I did not able to afford even the more economic one, but I really was in the need of expanding my business...
Then I started looking for a used one... after a couple months I found this machine witch were way far of a "mint condition" but they asked me only 7000 euros! This was in January 2002.
I have to disassemble the axes, clean it, lubricate the bearings and realign all the system. Also have to replace two mirrors... The Epilog representative asked me 350 euros for that pair of mirrors but I found a pair of 1/2 inch, excellent first face silver plated, coated mirrors in Edmund Optics for 72 euros each!
After that I also added a laser pointer and an air assist system.
That's was fine and the laser machine was working but the laser tube was discharged and needed to be refurbished...
In this moment I was lucky enough to got a commission to engrave 3200 pair of scissors from a cutlery... WOW... they paid me 1,20 euros each! That was great because I sucked the last drops of juice from that dying tube and had the money to repair it and more important, having earned the money with the machine itself. So, I pulled it out of the machine and sent it strait to Synrad that is the manufactured and they send it back to me almost new with warranty and 10 thousand hours of use ahead!
All of this was in a lapse of six month and I spent about 4000 euros repairing the machine (plus my hours) but the machine is running perfectly until today! Smile
Oh guys! Please, excuse me for rumbling you so much but I enjoyed very much that hard new begin as an immigrant here! You have remembered me those funny days! That was really great!

Filip, all of the above was to tell you how much I paid for the machine... hahaha!!
Today is possible to buy a brand new machine for less than 9000 euros. The Epilog Zing is a great little laser system that is about or under that price.
Ahh... yes, it is possible to etch glass with the laser but you cannot cut it.
Regarding your friend's forum, unfortunately I have no time to participate in other forum. Forums are very addictive and I am participating actively in an engraving forum that is almost part of my job and now in the Laminar forum, anyway I will visit the photonlexicon forum from time to time.

All the best!
Leonardo.

Leonardo
Nozzle Newbie
Nozzle Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post  liteglow Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:29 pm

Great story Very Happy

I understand that the time is running out when we log into the "internet" haha Laughing
I got the same problem... (as I got at this moment... to much to do around in the house)

Anyway, I love the work you have done with your machine and the work you do with it !!
Very impressive Smile

Now I know who I can give a call if I want a custom made laser engraved glass plate Very Happy
liteglow
liteglow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leonardo Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:43 pm

Hey Filip!

Just give me a call and I will be glad to engrave any plate you need.... even more, I will be glad of taking it directly to Norway to give it to you in person!! hahaha Smile

Seriously, I would love to see the famous Norway fiord's some time.

Kind regards,
Leonardo.

Leonardo
Nozzle Newbie
Nozzle Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post  liteglow Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:12 am

NICE Very Happy

I dont know what to engrave Wink but it sure does seems like fun to have a personal engraved something....

btw, yes whoever visit Norway, I for sure help you out to be a guide Smile
you can see some pictures here: https://laminar.forumotion.com/introduce-yourself-f2/liteglow-from-norway-t1.htm

And if you do some google search you sure find allot of more pictures.

Ahh there is one more thing, my mother actually own a house in Lofoten in Norway (where my grandparents did live) !
And if anybody here want to take a holiday in Lofoten, I gladly rent out the house out for you :-)

Cheers
liteglow
liteglow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leonardo Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:07 pm

Hi Filip!

Thank you a lot for your kindness and the nice offer.
I told my wife about the possibility of renting your mother's house for some days and she was very exited with the great opportunity of being there for a little vacation.
We both like very much the Viking culture and knowing Norway is always in our short wish list.
By the way... I am attaching a picture of my Viking chairs. I made it eight years ago with some wood that I had available. They were really funny to built and are so comfortable that always calls the people attention. Really a great, simple and millenarian design.

Kind regards,
Leonardo.

This is my first Laminar Water Flow Nozzle. - Page 2 VC

Leonardo
Nozzle Newbie
Nozzle Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post  liteglow Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:48 pm

very nice Very Happy
liteglow
liteglow
Admin

Back to top Go down

This is my first Laminar Water Flow Nozzle. - Page 2 Empty More info

Post  yogeshsharma Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:42 am

Hi Leonardo

Can you please publish dimension of your Laminar and some more picture showing how it is assembled.
Hole sizes etc.

Thanks
YS

yogeshsharma
Nozzle Newbie
Nozzle Newbie

Back to top Go down

This is my first Laminar Water Flow Nozzle. - Page 2 Empty No plans.

Post  Leonardo Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:59 pm

Hi YS,

Unfortunately, I have no plans of that nozzle. I did it "on the go" with the materials that I had available in the workshop, and only did some sketches at the time of machining the threads (lost in the mess!).
The only parts that I have properly documented are the the acrylic grids because I cut it with the laser so it was a must to have a CAD design to sent it to the machine in vector mode.

I can not promise anything in this moment, but, if I have some spare time, I will look to take some measures from the nozzle and drawing the plans. But it will not be possible before a couple of month... sorry!

Regards,
Leonardo.

Leonardo
Nozzle Newbie
Nozzle Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2